Troop News 1/20/15
Troop News - 1/13/15
- Scouts - please bring $5 for a deposit on the handbook. If you return it at the end of the course, you get your $5 back.
- Counselors - if you cannot make this meeting, or otherwise will not be ready to instruct, please let me know. This week you should be getting your rosters and contact info worked out, reviewing the requirements with the scouts, and hopefully getting started on the first requirements. Since you won't get the handbooks until Tuesday, click here for a link to the worksheets that you can review prior to the meeting. I will bring printouts.
As announced at last nights troop meeting, it is that time of year again where the troop needs to recharter with BSA. We will start collecting money for this at next week troop meeting. We are holding the cost the same as last year:
- $25 for registered adult leaders
- $70 for Scouts without a subscription to Boys' Life magazine
- $82 for Scouts with a subscription to Boys' Life magazine
Summer Camp 2015
- Commitment – Say YES I want to go to Summer Camp your parents.
- What do you want to do at Camp – Think about which program you would like to do this trip.. Base Camp/Merit Badges, High Adventure
- Merit Badges: If Merit Badge is your program, discuss with Mr. Van Acker about what merit badges you have completed. From this list you can determine which ones you should consider at camp.
- Once your scout has stated, “I want to go to summer camp”. You state YES that is a great idea… Here are some of the details you would want to know:
- Date: We are signed up for the week of June 21st -27th (second week after DPS is out of school).
- Cost: For each scout, total $360.00… First payment of $160.00 is due on January 20th. You can make monthly/weekly payments as well.
- Cost for adult volunteer is $175.00.. First payment of $100.00 due on January 20th.
Troop News - 1/6/2015
Page 1 of 2